Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Honeycomb Ornament - FREE Template!




I saw the tutorial to make this ornament on Splitcoast and I just had to try it. I do not have the die they used, so I made a template for a similar shape.

You can get the FREE template and see the directions below!

I have listed the things I did that were different from the tutorial on Splitcoast, but you will need to check out the original tutorial for the full directions because I do not have pictures of each step. It is the Honeycomb Ornament Tutorial.

Each one of these shapes can be cut out of a 4" square of paper, so you get 9 out of one 12" sheet, and you need 18 cut shapes to make one ornament. So two pieces of DSP.


Once you have all of your shapes cut out, fold them all in half. Mark up the template like shown below for where you want to put your glue dots. I used hot glue to keep mine together, instead of a ton of glue dots and it worked pretty good.


This was a lot of work to do, but this ornament is gorgeous! When it spins and moves it really looks beautiful. I used the 1/8" Real Red ribbon going down the center and the old Pretties Kit beads for the bottom.


Click on the template image below to download the FREE template!


Related Posts with Thumbnails