Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Exploding Triangle Gift Box



I found this great little box and traced it back through blog land to the creator (I think!). The directions are on the With a Stamp and a Song blog and I love it!
I did make my own directions with pictures because I made my box larger because the other size seemed too small for me. I used the
25 & Counting stamp set and the Northern Frost Decorative Strip with the Bog Shot for the snowflakes.
I thought these would make the greatest Advent calendar gift boxes! You could use the 25 & Counting stamp set and make different little boxes for each day!
I have a feeling my kids are going to get spoiled this December...


See all of the details below!

Here is how you will fold your paper. The one that I saw uses a 6" square piece of paper but I found that made the boxes too small for my taste, and my gifts!
I used an 8-1/4" square piece of paper. With this you will score at 2-3/4" and 5-1/2" in both directions, then put the diagonal scores on.

Here is what your paper will look like once its scored and folded, I used Night of Navy. You will cut a 2-3/4" x 5-1/2" piece and score it down the middle. You attach this to one of the flat center pieces on your scored piece. This is the flap that keeps your box closed. (I changed my blue to white before I glued it on. The layer in Night of Navy is 2-1/2" x 5-1/2" folded in half that I layered on top of my white.)


You will fold like shown below to make the sides go together to make the box. You have to fiddle with it a bit to get them to match up and close. (No top flap on in this photo)


After doing this blue one, I had to use Velcro dots to keep it closed, so I changed around the top flap to keep itself closed. I used the 3/4" Circle punch in white and the 1/2" Circle punch in Cobbler. I put a dimensional on the back and punched a hole with the small hole on the Crop-a-dile and put through a Rhinestone brad. I used a few inches of the Cobbler Bakers twine and stuck it to the Dimensional. Do the same thing to the second one, only don't stick the twine in.


I made the top flap on this one 2-3/4" x 4-1/8" (in white) and scored it at 2-3/4. (The cobbler layer over it is 2-1/2" x 3-7/8" and scored at 2-5/8".) I put the circles in the top and bottom half of the front so all you have to do is wind the twine through them in a figure eight style and it keeps the top closed.


Simple and easy to close!


Hope you liked my version of this great little box!
Related Posts with Thumbnails