Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Crimped Diamond Technique



Here is a card made with the Crimped Diamond Technique, a great technique that I found the tutorial for on Splitcoast by Lee Conrey. The only thing I did different was I folded all the corners of my paper in and crimped it all at once. It didn't crimp the very center of the paper but I was covering that part anyway so that didn't matter. That way I didn't get the straight lines that she got on the edges.
A quick tutorial:
You start by marking the center of your paper on all of the sides. Draw diagonal lines on the back of your paper and then score on these lines. I used a 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" paper to start.r


Fold your paper on all these scores and put it through your paper crimper. You want to press hard when you crimp it so it goes to all the folds.


When you open your paper this is what you have! Just trim a little bit off the edges since the crimping makes it a little uneven.


I used a 5" x 3 3/4" piece of paper from the Deck the Halls DSP and cut the corners off to put it in the center diamond. I used the Peaceful Season Stamp set for the Sentiment and the bird. My colors are Very Vanilla, Soft Suede and Cherry Cobbler. I love the combination of these colors!
Related Posts with Thumbnails